That same year, the first schoolhouse was also built on "Davis-donated" land on Butler Avenue. Houston now had one hotel, one mission home, one schoolhouse, and three official residences. The Anglican Mission House remained a home/parish until renovations began, around 1949, to turn it into a church.
By 1953, interior walls had been removed, the ceiling raised 18 inches and a bell tower complete with a bell from an old CN steam locomotive was added. It was renamed the "St. Clement Anglican Church."